Sunday, November 2, 2008

the best news

I had a very meaningful experience today, following one of our worship services. One of our regular attenders introduced me to a first-time guest. This young woman came for the purpose of finding a relationship with Christ. She was in tears and the first thing she said to me was, “I am so lost!”. I explained to her the early stages of meeting Christ and was able to lead her in a prayer of submission to God.

Sometimes I need to be reminded that what we are doing actually connects with the Great Commission. Sometimes the business of local church ministry wears us down and we have to refocus on what God actually called us to do. Events like this brief prayer session are what it is all about. It will provide plenty of energy and motivation for a while.

It was a great Sunday all around, but my brief time with these people was definitely the highlight of the day, the entire week!

No comments:

Post a Comment