Tuesday, September 15, 2009

FlashForward

I am in full preparation mode for this weekend's message. It has been a while since I have been this stoked about a particular topic.

I got the idea for the title (FlashForward) and tag line from the new fall TV show on ABC. The message has nothing to do with the show, but I thought the concept of looking forward to the future that God has for us is vitally important.

Here's the deal (and tag line): "If you saw your future, what would you do?" I am trying to figure out the best way to tell people that we absolutely have a major part to play in determining what tomorrow looks like. So many people are just along for the ride - it isn't supposed to be like that.

I personally am very optimistic about the future of Maranatha Church. The people who are involved, and those who will be in the future, are in for some good stuff. This is not just hype. I guess I should say it this way: if we do what God wants, we are in for some good stuff.

Here is what I am asking: If you live close to Palm Beach Gardens and are not connected with another church, please plan to come see what we have to say. If you have friends in the area that are not involved with a church, please send them a link to this blog and invite them to come with you.

I'll be pushing this idea this week, stay with me.

FlashForward...what are you going to do about your future?

No comments:

Post a Comment