Monday, May 31, 2010

Peru update

I am sorry I have not been able to stay in touch during our trek. Not surprisingly, there was no cell reception in the Perivian jungle. We completed our journey on the Inca Trail this morning and are currently in route back to Cusco. We are in the back of the bus driving down a bumpy gravel road in the dark.

I will certainly have more to say in coming days but Jess and I enjoyed the trip of a lifetime. The hike was as physically demanding as anything I have ever done. But the absolute wonder of God's creation and the explorations of the ruins of ancient civilization made the journey well worth the effort. I would recommend this experience to anyone who is physically fit and who has an appreciation for ancient history. This was the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

We were sucessful in our connections with Pastor Lopez and his children's ministry center. Thanks to many generous people, we delivered $5000 to take care of needy kids.

Jessica and I had a wonderful father/daughter experience. She is one of the strongest and most courageous women I know.

A few days after our return, I will start posting some pictures and stories.

Thanks so much to all of you who supported us and prayed for us.

Tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM, we are USA bound!

1 comment:

  1. You have added to each others life!

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete