Monday, November 1, 2010

i'm not wearing shoes to church on sunday

This Sunday is International Orphan Sunday. We are planning a worship service sans shoes. The purpose is to be able to briefly relate to the peril that millions of children around the world face on a daily basis.

We'll put up with the smell and the stubbed toes and the awkwardness if the result is a child receiving shoes.

We have a team in Guatemala this week delivering almost 600 pairs of shoes to the needy children of Rio Bravo. We are serious about doing something to help impoverished people.

I plan to present a message from Exodus 3 called "Holy Ground". While I don't think I have ever had an original thought, I don't recall anyone saying what I plan to say about this passage. I hope you can join us.

check out the details at maranathachurch.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment