Monday, January 5, 2009

divorce sale

On the way home from church yesterday, I saw a sad sight. On a big sign in the front yard of a guy’s house were the words: “DIVORCE SALE". The guy was sitting in a lawn chair surrounded by household items. Many of the items were kids things, like a stroller and a high chair. I am only assuming that he was cleaning out his house in anticipation of or in recovery from a divorce.

I thought the sign was strange and I thought it strange that someone would actually advertise that they were getting divorced. I have heard of divorce parties and I know that Hallmark sells “Happy Divorce” greeting cards. I just don’t get the humor in that. And my heart sank when I saw the sign and the sale.
I am not judging the man but the entire thing just caught me off guard.

Another family bites the dust. More kids have baggage they will carry around the rest of their lives. Another failed marriage. Too sad.

1 comment:

  1. There is a powerful, but on inside pages and little noticed, report in our newspaper today. It's titled "The Obama Family - Inspirational or Unrealistic." It opens, "The traditional family . . . is becoming a dated notion." The article refers to the nuclear family as a "throwback to the last century."
    What a shame. The nuclear family, God's pattern, lives and inspires. We can choose to stand and perserve, not go with the crowd. "Everyone's doing it," was never a good excuse when raising our children. It still isn't.


    He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. Matt 19:8

    Oh,if we could only repent from hardness of heart, which poisions all our joy and Gods blessing.

    ReplyDelete