Tuesday, February 17, 2009

enough talk

I spend way too much of my time talking about how we should do something to help the needy. Sometimes I feel like my job is to talk about doing ministry, trying to motivate people to get involved. For four days this week, I actually get to do some ministry. Letha and I are headed to Rio Bravo, Suchitepequez, Guatemala. There is a very poor town there where people need help. We are part of a team that is taking in some much-needed supplies. By “much-needed”, I don’t mean luxury items that the people want. I mean basic food staples, without which there will be malnutrition.

It is a humbling opportunity. We are very excited about it. Upon our return, I will try to post some pix and videos detailing the work. Thanks for praying for the people there.

I Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment