Sunday, May 31, 2009

Healing Scriptures

The following verses from the Bible will serve as a foundation as you pursue Divine healing. Reading, believing and practicing these Bible verses will put you in the place where God can minister to you. This is not a magical formula. Healing of any type is under the control of God alone. But certainly Jesus is able to provide whatever type of healing we need. Trust Him.

Psalm 30:2 O Lord my God, I called to You for help and You healed me. (NIV)

Psalm 103:3 Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. (NLT)

Psalm 107:20 By the power of his own word, he healed you and saved you from destruction. (CEV)

Proverbs 4:20-22 My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them,and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. (NLT)

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (TNIV)

Isaiah 53:3-6 He was despised and rejected—a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins! But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all. (NLT)

Matthew 4:23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. (TNIV)

Matthew 8:2-3 Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared. (NLT)

Matthew 8:17 So God's promise came true, just as the prophet Isaiah had said, “He healed our diseases and made us well." (CEV)

Mark 16:17-18 These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.” (NLT)

John 10:10 A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. (MSG)

Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. (CEV)

James 5:13-16 Are you sick? Call the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master. Believing-prayer will heal you, and Jesus will put you on your feet. And if you've sinned, you'll be forgiven—healed inside and out. Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with. (MSG)

I Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." (TNIV)

III John 2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. (TNIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment