Thursday, May 21, 2009

some emotional stuff

In a five minute period of time tonight, I came across a group of young gang members who had just experienced the death of one of their members and I fed three homeless guys, one of whom tried to get violent with me. Relax, he was too drunk to do me any harm.

A bunch of teenagers wearing red shirts standing in front of the Emergency Room, most of them crying in disbelief. Three alcoholics fighting over some leftover fried chicken. These things just shouldn’t be.

I am impacted by the heaviness of the hopelessness in these events. I want to think about the unnecessary pain being experienced. I want to process how all of this is avoidable. But the reality of the pain these people are living through right now is at the forefront of my heart. I am just so sorry for all of them.

We have to distribute some hope and we have to do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment