Saturday, December 26, 2009

family time

Letha and I are in St. Louis, visiting her family for Christmas. We are taking a couple of days off and enjoying some down time. I am still unwinding from the busy Christmas season at Maranatha - it always takes me a few days to settle back.

This does not seem like Saturday. My normal regime is full mode preparation for Sunday. Since I am not speaking tomorrow (a rare treat for the folks at Maranatha!), I am not focused on Sunday services.

I am working some this week. I have a couple of projects that are on the front burner. Right after the new year, I am facilitating a leadership conference for The Sanctuary Church in Deland, Florida - there is much to do on that one. I also want to read Brennan Manning's book, "Ruthless Trust" this week. Then there is the ongoing Rosetta Stone work.

It is cold here. The myth about one's blood thinning when continually in a warm climate is true. I am going to hike a local trail this morning and since it is 26 degrees, I will probably freeze.

I hope you are able to rest a bit this week. I also hope you are getting ready for a great New Year celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment