Friday, January 1, 2010

a recommendation

I think it is a great idea to spend more time reading God's Word. I am recommending to everyone that we adopt a plan to read the scriptures daily. Many people like to read through the entire Bible in one year. This is an admirable task and has many benefits. One can cover the entire Bible by reading 3-4 chapters per day. It only takes about 15 minutes, depending on the selections. There are many tools available that will help keep you motivated and on track. I would suggest you simply look up "daily Bible reading plan" on the Internet and utilize the plan of your choice.

The goal may not be to get through the whole Bible but rather to spend time listening to God. Whatever your approach, I highly recommend that you give God time in your daily living. Read, pray, listen.

In a few days, I will be announcing a plan to our church family regarding a 21 day fast. I know of people who start the new year by retreating to a solitary place for spiritual reflection. These efforts all have the same goal - hear the voice of God. I can think of nothing that we need more in the new year.

Today marks the beginning of a new year ahead. As we begin 2010, I recommend that we pay attention to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment