Saturday, March 13, 2010

ideas I won't use tomorrow

It's Saturday night, wrap up time for my message. Tomorrow, I am preaching part 2 of Awaken (an invitation to spiritual vitality). I have a lot that I would like to say and there is a lot that I am not able to say.

If you want to hear what I have to say, set your clock forward one hour and get to church on time. By the way, I bet I have heard 30 times the last few days someone say, "don't forget daylight savings time!". So I won't believe the people who say they did not know. They just don't want to come to church and any excuse will do. :)

The major verse I am launching from is:
Ephesians 5:16 “Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!” (The Message) This verse probably speaks for itself.

There won't be enough time tomorrow for me to share:

Judges 16 where Samson slept while his girlfriend removed his power.
Matthew 25:7 where the five foolish young girls overslept for their weddings.
Revelation 3:1b-3I know all the things you do, and that you have a reputation for being alive—but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of my God. 3 Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief." (NLT)

So there, I just shared it. Now, let's wake up and get busy doing what God has directed us to do!

Blessings, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment