Monday, June 16, 2008

on their way!

Our daughter Jessica and her husband Josh leave today, moving to Guatemala to spend a year working at Casa Shalom orphanage. It is an exciting day. Lots of prayer and planning have gone into the move and God has worked out all of the details (as many details as can be worked out as you do missions work).

Admittedly, Letha and I are sad. It is never easy to say goodbye to those you love. Interestingly, we will be closer geographically that we were when they were in Knoxville. This brings us some comfort. We do plan on amassing some frequent flyer miles to Central America!

Thanks to everyone who is supporting these guys through prayer and finances. You can find out more about their work at thehansonsinguatemala.blogspot.com.

I have prayed more for Jessica that I have any other person. 24 years of prayer. I believe that God has plans for her. I believe that this is one of the most important and significant steps to her discovery of His plans. It will be awesome to watch it all unfold.

Jess, we love you and are proud of you. Go with the fullest confidence that God is going before you and we are behind you.

1 comment:

  1. May God bless them both in the year ahead. You and Lethe are aptly proud of your daughter and I give you both a great deal of credit for having the strength and wisdom to let her go and trust that God will take care of them both. Amazing things are bound to happen for them and I will definitely keep them in my prayers. Go with God Jess and Josh! Sharon

    ReplyDelete