Wednesday, July 15, 2009

God cares more about me as His son than He does about me as a Pastor. He doesn’t look at me harshly or judgmentally, he looks at me with compassion and mercy. He loves me unconditionally. He is not ashamed of my failures, He does not wish that I was more like another of His children. He is not impatient with me, wondering if I will ever grow up. He doesn’t accept me based on my performance. He doesn’t love me more when I do a good job. He would not trade me in for someone else. He doesn’t walk away from me when I preach bad or when I don’t pray as much as I should. When I misinterpret His Word, He is patient. He really loves me as His son.

No matter how hard I try, how hard I work, or how much I improve, God won’t love me any more than He does right now. If I get it all right, say all the right things and make all of the right decisions, I will still be viewed as His son, no more and no less. I can’t do better than that!

If I get to heaven, it won’t be because I spent my life working in His kingdom. I won’t gain entrance because I am ordained. Preaching is not a ticket to eternity. The list He reads from won’t have a special section for “Reverends”, “Bishops” or “Pastors”. The only special section is for His kids.

It’s good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment