Sunday, April 25, 2010

the beautiful letdown

My nephew, Richard Whitter spoke at Maranatha Church today. His message, The Beautiful Letdown was about how God wants us to release our expectations of life and ourselves and Him. He taught from the book of Hebrews 12, as well as Philippians 1:20-21. He gave us some clear insight about God's "discipline" of His children, drawing from real-life analogies and examples.

It was a moving day. All three services were impacted in different, but equally effective ways.

I left with the resolution to let God control my future rather than trying to figure it all out on my own. I want to release anything that I have concocted in my head regarding my plans. I want to approach God and life with an open spirit.

Here is the bottom line: God's plans for us are so much greater than our plans for us, we would be crazy to stick to our plans.

I am very proud of Rich. I love him and his wife Janet and their daughter Grace. I think God has big stuff just ahead for them. By the way, lots of people think we look like brothers. Maybe twins. I would have to agree - He is, indeed, one good lookin' guy!

1 comment:

  1. thats great.
    ultimately letting go and letting God do it.

    ReplyDelete