Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The necessity of Joy

I think that joy is an indispensible asset for every leader. It is so easy to get caught up in the intensity of our responsibilities. The weight we carry will, if we are not careful, sink us. I kind of consider joy to be my life vest. When the waves get too high, I hang on to joy for dear life! It keep me floating.

Joy will ...
Keep you focused when things go wrong.
Provide the courage to stay with it until the job is accomplished.
Make you aware of the simple blessings.
Help you tell better jokes.
Promote peace of mind, well being and balance.

Without joy ...
Life will get you down.
The mole hills will become mountains.
You lose sleep.
You’re no fun to be around.
Your smiles are fake – and people know.

Nehemiah 8:10 “Don't be sad, because the joy of the LORD will make you strong." (NCV)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this! THANKS!! I have been very disheartened with my job situation recently; completely forgetting the fact that a co-worker who is Muslim told me that she has really come to envy me and the way that I handle being mistreated at work. She said that she and her family need that same kind of peace and want to possibly come with me to church me sometime...what a jerk I can be...God has me there for a reason!!

    ReplyDelete