Wednesday, April 16, 2008

passion


I am getting stoked about our next missions project. If all of our plans work out, this summer (June 29-July 5) some friends and I will be traveling back to Central America to serve two orphanages. We plan to visit New Life Nicaragua in Managua and Casa Shalom in Guatemala City: casashalom.net. I wish the trip was tomorrow.

These trips help keep me focused on the important things. These babies born in adverse conditions are our chance to express love. It is amazing, although these kids have been abused and neglected, they are very receptive to our care and a little effort on our part makes a HUGE difference for them. It is simply a great way to serve and hopefully change the future for at least one child.

This won’t be a vacation. It won’t be a sightseeing tour. It won’t be a chance to be a hero. It will be a chance to be a servant.

If you have interest in making a trip to Nicaragua and Guatemala, contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment