Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday: Acts 19-28

Today, we finish the Acts of the Apostles!

Some of the reading today is a bit tedious. All of the conversations with Paul and all of the details of his trials and defense can make the reading challenging. Thanks for hanging in there.

We are encouraged that some who are reading along are developing an increased interest in the Word of God and, this week, specific interest in the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Just remember, the things we read about are true and applicable to our everyday lives.

This Sunday, I am preaching about the letters written by Paul. The reading in Acts should be a great intro to the message. You get a glimpse into this man’s heart. One of his statements is especially revealing: Acts 20:24 “I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.” (NIV)

Look at what he said in Acts 21:14: “I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." (NIV)

His courage, character and wisdom are all a reflection of the work that God had accomplished in his life. He was the first to be ready to tell his story, how God had changed his life.

Acts is a very inspiring book. I hope you have enjoyed going through it. Some day, when the Quest is over, you may want to consider an in-depth study of Acts. There is much to be learned that will change our lives.

Sunday begins Romans!

No comments:

Post a Comment