Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday, 3.10.09: John 15-21

As we conclude the Gospel of John, I am wondering how many people are finding it difficult, if not impossible, to read this much. It is taking me about an hour a day to read and post this blog. While I don’t know about your schedule, mine has definitely been rearranged. I have actually had to turn off the TV, which is a great thing. I am not condemning anyone who can’t find the time to read with us, but I really hope that we can recognize this brief season of growth, and take advantage of it.

Although we read 7 chapters today, I want to spend just a minute focusing on chapter 17, where Jesus prays for us.

John 17:13-26
(13) so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. (15) protect them from the evil one. (17) Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. (21) that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. (23) May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. (24) "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

These prayers by Christ on our behalf tell us a bit about how much He loves us. He wants the best for us.

The Gospels have been awesome. I hope you were enriched by your time reading them.

On Thursday, we begin a 3 day walk with the Book of Acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment