Wednesday, March 18, 2009

(Wednesday)

I Corinthians 9-16

For today’s blog, I just want to lift out a few of the more recognized verses (at least by me) from the chapters. You may consider this a “snapshot” of the next few chapters.

I Corinthians (all scriptures NIV)
9:22-23 I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

10:12-13 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

12:1 Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant.
12:12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.
12:28 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

13:1-8 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails
13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.
14:40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

15:19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.
15:42-44 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
15:57-58 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Tomorrow, we will read all of II Corinthians.

No comments:

Post a Comment